1. When one gets sick, it is not only a health problem, but also a problem for the most intimate dimension of domestic living: the family balance. For those in charge of a family unit, the responsibility to protect the health of their loved ones is always in the first place. Yet very important aspects of ‘taking care’ are often underestimated.
2. Happiness is not only linked to good humor, but also to health. Science now confirms it. While some people suggest that there are far more important things to worry about, others see happiness as something vital, like what we ultimately want to achieve in life.
3. Friends, relationships, or work are extremely important in our lives. And yet, often, all these relationships or activities put us in the background. Taking care of oneself does not mean being selfish. On the contrary, giving priority to our well-being means not only improving the quality of our life but also better addressing our social and working relationships. In fact, learning to know one’s own needs helps us to feel freer and to be able to grasp all those occasions that can make us feel better.
4. To forget about yourself can often result in real problems, not only psychological but also physical. Thinking only of the needs of others and forgetting one’s own can cause anxiety, frustration or real somatization.
This happens even when our weeks are filled with commitments of any kind, without having time to devote, even a few minutes for our leisure. The evening comes and we feel without energy, dissatisfied and with the feeling of not having done anything important during the day.
5. It is important to take care of ourselves and to prioritize our needs as well. We cannot take care of ourselves if we do not have time. It is essential to learn to say no to others when it is necessary or if you do not want to go out or stay more hours in the office. Likewise, these little time slices should not be filled with other equally stressful activities. This does not mean being selfish but only learning to recharge your energy, think about your well-being and have time to relax and, why not, do absolutely nothing.
6. If you start to feel empty and you cannot recharge, in the long term a state of fatigue or chronic stress takes over. And recovering strength becomes increasingly difficult. The problems are amplified, even the bad moods and the people around you notice that you can no longer be as supportive as before. When we do not listen to your body’s needs, it is the body itself that sends us strong signals with the appearance of disorders that force us to stop for a period.
7. If you do not recognize your value and you do not consider yourself an important person, it will affect not only your self-esteem but also your well-being. The tendency to neglect you is more and more, until you forget how important it is to take care of yourself.
8. Being healthy means also renouncing to your own harmful vices, which go to undermine your psychophysical well being? Avoiding morbid attachments to deleterious vices, doing sports, taking care of your skin, eating well avoiding excess of food and understanding the importance of food integration, understanding the importance of having an immune system in perfect health, and gratifying your brain.
9. Being healthy helps you being in tune with yourself, makes you loving towards people every day, and prepares you to face the day in a positive way.
Nowadays there are different online stores that help us in taking care of our health by providing fitness and diet control tips and products. On the other hand, there are other many sites that assist your health and fitness shopping by offering vouchers such as reduction discount, die besten gutscheine and more, for these stores.
10. Despite this, a lot of people often confuse being in the first place with selfishness, as if our well-being and altruism were not equally important or mutually exclusive. Not only is it a totally false idea, but it is also an idea that can seriously compromise our well-being.
11. Often the rhythms of modern life lead us to live in a frenetic and repetitive way, running from project to project in the hope of reaching an idealized self. These goals, however, do not always correspond to what we really want or are a goal for us too difficult to reach. Setting goals that are not consistent with our chances or not really identities can cause not only a state of malaise but a real depressive condition.
12. Being healthy means having a better quality of life. To achieve well-being it is important to develop a full awareness of one’s own ways of being and acting, of one’s emotions, of one’s body and of one’s own way of relating to others.
13. Not everyone knows that healthy eating promotes well-being, improves the quality of life and can even lengthen it. So it is better not to abuse of junk food and not to eat often foods that can alter our mood, like too much caffeine or sugar.
14. Physical activity is an important deterrent to avoid important diseases, to keep fit and in good health, and it helps improving your mood and making your day better and more productive.