It pertains to managerial skills
If you are a project manager, you will need to first identify your eligibility before taking the latest pmp certification training course. Knowing the right things will impress the instructors and help you to reach the next level of proficiency. The pmp level is recognized as the standard measurement for all project management professionals. Any company that will hire you will know that you have the highest grade and the most update expertise for any new project that is being planned with this training.
Adding this certificate to your resume means empowerment and a chance of getting a fatter paycheck. If you want to know about this important course then scroll down this post, slowly.
Eligibility–The 1st criterion
At some point, every project management training course becomes difficult as the level of learning and skills increase. For the latest pmp certification training, eligibility is the first requirement along with other educational qualifications for a specific job offer.
You will need:
- A 4-year degree certificate or a secondary certificate which relates to a high school diploma. Globally it is the equivalent of an associate degree or the 4-year degree or bachelor course.
- Project management experience of at least five years is also required before applying for this course.
- The next eligibility requires the candidate to have completed at least two years of project work experience which does not overlap with regular duties. The project should have been executed under your single leadership with a minimum of 7,500 hours. Another strict requirement is that within 35 hours of professional training in project management you should have led a prestigious project.
- Candidates who have a 4-year degree will need at least 3 years of formal project management experience to do this certification course. At least 36 hours of experience should be there leading and executing a project.
Do you meet up with the above four requirements? If the answer is yes then you are ready for the next stage of doing the course, i.e. cracking the exam in the first attempt.
From the above eligibility criteria, you can understand that it is tough to enter the exam and crack it in the first attempt. Out of five candidates, there are at least two who fail the exam. The reasons for failure are often less exposure to mock tests and running out of time to answer all the questions. If you can learn from others mistakes, there are chances you will do better at getting the certificate without wasting time, if your company has sponsored the training program.
Tick mark the following:
- Read the PMP credential handbook. It is mandatory to become familiar with the content. It is the best source which will help you to learn about the questions that will be required to be attempted.
- Double check the eligibility criteria and be ready for it.
- Become a PMI member and attend workshops.
- The dates are given in advance and there is ample time to study for it.
- The PMP guidebook should be read twice at least before the exam. Most questions come from this book. Knowing it thoroughly gives a chance to be correct in the first attempt.
- Invest in a self-study course and a real PMP preparation book.
- Attend at least one workshop where you can interact with the instructor and other candidates. It will give a clue about your own preparedness. In areas that you are weak, the instructor can offer guidance. It is an excellent chance to interact or study with other candidates.
- You need to answer as many sample questions to keep your chances of passing high.
- If you are working and studying, make a plan. Study everything required to pass with discipline and time management.
- Even if you are low on confidence, take the exam. You will at least know where you stand. Maybe if you are lucky, you will be able to clear it in the first attempt.
After going through the above tips, remember that one single pmp certification training is not enough. You will continue to need professional development units (PDUs) every three years. As a project manager, you will need to be steps ahead of the others to remain empowered in the company. Seminars and podcasts also add to the PDUs. Now that you know most of the things required to sit for the exam, go online or get in touch with the latest center that offers this training course.