CMAT is a national level postgraduate entrance exam conducted by All India Council For Technical Education(AICTE) which helps students to get admission in all management programmes approved by AICTE. Candidates get admission to MBA and PGDM programmes. It is a 3hr long online exam held once a year. The test consists of 100 questions which have to be solved in 180 minutes. Marks are deducted for wrong answers. There are four sections which test a candidate’s knowledge.
Indian citizens who are graduates or pursuing their final year of graduation in any discipline, having minimum 50% marks are eligible to apply.
The online test is divided into four sections-
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation-25 questions
- Logical Reasoning-25 questions
- Language Comprehension-25Questions
- General Awareness-25 questions
The total exam is of 400 marks and negative marking is done for incorrect answers.
- Quantitative Techniques and Data interpretation-Algebra, Geometry, Linear equations etc
- Logical Reasoning- Analytical reasoning, Number series etc
- Language Comprehension-Grammar and English usage
- General Awareness-Economy. Politics ,Sports etc
TIPS AND TRICKS TO CRACK CMAT-
- Self-confidence is important to crack the exam
- Working on one’s strengths
- Revising the topics again and again
- Attempt a lot of mock tests to analyze the performance
- Don’t waste time on one question, if one is not sure then one should attempt the next question so that time is not wasted.
- For quantitative techniques and data interpretation practice Maths regularly ,especially Algebra, Geometry and learn shortcuts to solve the questions.
- Learn data interpretation by working on graphs and charts, so that numerical ability is enhanced.
- For logical reasoning speed and accuracy is required, so practice this area well.
- Language Comprehension requires a good hold on English Grammar and vocabulary. Becoming an avid reader will be of great help to score well in this part.
- Reading news papers, books will help a person get a sound knowledge of English.
- Wren and Martin can help learn the rules of grammar.
- For general awareness knowledge of Politics, Business, Sports, Social issues and stocks is essential.
- Reading general knowledge books, current affairs and trending topics can be of great help.
- Most of all keep anxiety at bay and stay calm
- Joining good coaching classes near me can also be of great help
- Practice previous year papers to know the question format
- Affairs Cloud For Competitive Exams site is useful to procure material for preparation of General Awareness
- Learn time management
- Revise more than one subject daily.
- Make a proper strategy to attempt the exam questions
- Take proper breaks while studying, so that the mind doesn’t get clogged
- Pursue a hobby to de-stress or listen to music
- One should not try to attempt all questions, only questions which one has surety
- Answering 13-20 questions in each section but with accuracy can easily help a candidate score 99 percentile
- Books which one can refer too are—
The complete reference manual for CMAT-S.K. Sinha
Verbal Ability and Comprehension for CMAT- Harat Patodi
Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Exams-RS Aggarwal
General Knowledge-Manohar Pandey
Business English and Communication- John OE Clark
Word Power Made Easy-Norman Lewis
CMAT CUT OFF-
The minimum scores by which colleges shortlist candidates. After results are declared, cut offs are made and a candidate knows which college he will get admission and can plan accordingly.