Cannabidiol (CBD) supplements, such as CBD oil tinctures, are surging in popularity. And because of CBD’s unique and versatile therapeutic potential, they can be beneficial for both you and your pet. Many pet owners remain cautious about giving their pets something that comes from cannabis. CBD oil from the Simply Pets site, however, is not only safe to use but can benefit your pet’s health in a number of ways.
Is CBD Oil Safe for Your Pet?
What makes cannabis psychoactive and addictive is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This compound is one of the 113 phytocannabinoids the cannabis plant contains. Not all of them remaining are dangerous, though. In fact, CBD is the major non-psychoactive and non-addictive phytocannabinoid among them and has unique beneficial anti-anxiety and anti-psychotic effects.
At the same time, not all strains of cannabis have high content of THC. Hemp, for instance, is naturally low in THC but has high content of CBD. This makes it a good source for CBD oil manufacturing. Further refining process reduces the THC content down to trace amounts which makes hemp-based CBD oil safe to use.
How CBD Oil Can Benefit Your Pet
By stimulating the cannabinoid receptors in the body, CBD engages the endocannabinoid system. This system plays an important role in regulation of many processes in the body. When CBD engages it, the endocannabinoid system makes other systems in the body respond in ways that benefit health. Since not just humans but all mammals, birds, fish, and reptiles have this system, pets can benefit from CBD too.
Below are just a few ways in which CBD oil can benefit your pet’s health:
- Reduces inflammation: Since the endocannabinoid system has close connection with the immune system, it participates in regulating the autoimmune response. By exciting this system, CBD oil can reduce systemic inflammation and relieve pain from various rheumatoid conditions.
- Alleviates anxiety: CBD has anti-anxiety and anti-psychotic influence on the nervous system. This makes CBD oil a potent pet behavior modification supplement.
- Boosts immune system: By engaging the endocannabinoid system, CBD can support the immune system. As a result, CBD oil can help your pet fight bacteria and parasites effectively regardless of the aging immune system.
- Improves appetite: CBD has a natural antiemetic effect on the nervous and the digestive systems of the body. Thanks to this, CBD oil can naturally reduce nausea, prevent vomiting, and boost appetite.
- Reduces oxidative stress: CBD oil is a natural antioxidant. As such, it can tackle some of the free radicals that expose your pet’s body to oxidative stress.
- Promotes longevity: By helping the endocannabinoid system maintain homeostasis, CBD oil supports health and helps slow down the aging of the body.
CBD Oil Can Help Your Pet Feel Better
The above benefits of using CBD oil show that it can be a viable natural alternative to the synthetic medications. But unlike them, CBD can help your pet feel better without doing a number on the liver or the kidneys.